THIS MODULE ALLOWS CANDIDATES TO UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF SPREADSHEETS AND TO DEMONSTRATE AN ABILITY TO USE A SPREADSHEET TO PRODUCE ACCURATE WORK OUTPUTS.
ON COMPLETION OF THIS MODULE THE CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Work with spreadsheets and save them in different file formats.
- Choose built-in options, such as the Help function, within the application to enhance productivity.
- Enter data into cells; use good practice in creating lists.
- Select, sort and copy, move and delete data.
- Edit rows and columns in a worksheet.
- Copy, move, delete, and appropriately rename worksheets.
- Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions; use good practice in formula creation; recognise error values in formulas.
- Format numbers and text content in a spreadsheet.
- Choose, create, and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Adjust spreadsheet page settings.
- Check and correct spreadsheet content before finally printing spreadsheets.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS MODULE?
- Covers the key skills needed to use spreadsheets.
- Can be applied to a range of spreadsheets software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective spreadsheets software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
SPREADSHEETS SYLLABUS OVERVIEW
|Using the Application||Working with Spreadsheets
Copy, Move, Delete
|Managing Worksheets||Rows and Columns
|Formulas and Functions||Arithmetic Formulas
Alignment, Border Effects
Check and Print
ICDL Asia provides sample tests to enable potential candidates and employers to understand Spreadsheets in more depth and prepare for testing.
Please note: Answers are provided for the multiple choice questions of the sample papers, please refer to ICDL training materials for information on practical tasks.